Would you like to contribute to #BetterwithPets, Dr Jo’s Blog about pets and their people?
Contributions are now welcome. Please ensure that you meet the following criteria:
- Overall, we are looking for personal accounts, unique viewpoints or original research. Articles which are favoured include:
- Articles which take the premise that pets are good for us.
- Personal or unique viewpoints on pets – how your pets has helped you, pets at work, travelling with pets, adapting your home for pets etc
- Articles which interpret the latest scientific research (incl student work) on pets.
- News articles about pets.
- Articles about pets other than cat and dogs.
- Articles that list e.g. 5 best ways, 7 white cats.
- Articles featuring pet photos and/or videos (you must have authority to publish these).
- Articles which are relevant around the world.
2. Articles which are not favoured include:
- Expert articles (veterinary, health or caring for a pet) unless you are an expert e.g. vet
- Behaviour articles, unless you have conducted the behavioural research yourself
- Breed articles
- Product articles
- Infographics (no infographics are being accepted at present, this may change in future)
- ‘How to’ articles. This is not a Pets 101 site. It is a blog (think personal).
- An article that has been published elsewhere.
- Those with links to other websites (one link to your own site is acceptable in your bio).
- Articles that are overt advertising material. (If you wish to submit a sponsored post, there is a charge for this. Please see sponsorship details.)
3. When you submit an article*, please include:
- A title and an author name. (If you do not wish to be named, you must state the reason.)
- Approx 300-800 words.
- Photos which include pets. If you do not, photos will be supplied within your article. Horizontal format is preferred.
- A one or two sentence bio about yourself and/or your organisation/company. A link to your website is acceptable (Please do not link to numerous places in the body of your article. If you wish to insert links, please see sponsorship page.)
- A photo of yourself, if desired.
- Suggested keywords, if desired.
- You may submit an idea, rather than a finished article, if desired.
Please submit all articles to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note that submission of an article does not equal automatic publication. Often articles will need to be revised by yourself or editors or, if deemed inappropriate, will not be published at all.
4. Suggested articles
The following articles have been requested and will be favoured for publication. This list changes regularly so check back in soon…
- Top tips for keeping a marine aquarium
- Which parrots make the best pets – and why?
- Things pet groomers wish pet owners knew
- Things dog trainers wish dog owners would do
- How I made my home pet friendly
- Cool cats of the internet – and rising stars
- Why I like to have a snake as a pet
- Why people like unusual pets
- How my pet helped me cope with a major life event
- The most popular pet videos – or ones that should be!