Lucky me! 16 nights cruising the South Pacific!
Visiting Norfolk Island, Tonga (Vava’u & Nuku’alofa), Fiji (Suva, Port Denarau and Dravuni Island) and New Caledonia (Noumea). My P&O cruise followed the route of the Bounty, fortunately we had no mutiny on board this time.
What I love about cruising…
Getting to visit places that I have never seen before and all the new experiences that come from this. Including watching pets and other animals. Snorkelling. Whale watching. Feeling the sea breeze. The food. Meeting all sorts of interesting people onboard – almost all of them pet-lovers! Working aboard (yes, there is work and yes I love it!)
What I dislike about cruising…
That my pets have to stay at home 🙁
Some of my highlights of this cruise..
- The smiling dog on Dravuni Island (see pic at top of blog post)
- Snorkelling and viewing the underwater life
- Walking along a Dravuni Island beach accompanied by two local dogs
- Coffee in Cafe Friends in Tonga with chickens at my feet
- A curry at Indigo Fiji (yes, more food!!)
- Working (yes I did mark exams & write articles), while listening to some sweet soul music aboard the Pacific Pearl
Here are some of my wonderful experiences…
And my talks?
A mix of pet talks, animals at sea and human behaviour!
You feel like cruising?
Enjoy a Gatsby party…