I wonder what they’d say? Perhaps along the lines of a diary…
- Day – Walk. Yippee! Sniffed 5 dogs, 3 males, 2 females. Enemies = 1. New playmates = 2. Home. Left alone ALL day. Snack: pot plant, watering system.
- Night: Mum home – dinner. Yippee! Kids home – snacks – 2 choc chip bics (yes I know I’m not allowed). Crept onto bed when family asleep.
- Day – Walk. Yippee! Sniffed 2 dogs, both female. All friends. (Note to self – need to get out more, meet new friends. Try escaping over backyard fence today.) Home – snacks – rawhide chew, treat ball. Prefer watering system but digging hole in lawn to bury treat ball = fun.
- Night – dad found chewed newspaper – not happy. Outside all night.
Or perhaps more of a social commentary:
- Three new dogs passed fence today, one wearing bling collar (Xmas wish list – I don’t think so).
- Family gardening, dug up my fav old bone. Need to redig their new plants to replace fav old bone in preferred hiding spot.
- Missed my walk today. Need to bark, bark, bark. Didn’t they hear me? Bark, bark, bark.
Cats of course would have their say / blog (cat-a-log) too:
- Sleep interrupted (!) but for very good reason – feeding time. Yum! Back to sleep.
- Dreaming of the great outdoors. Doors shut. Windows shut. The modern cat’s life (sigh).
- Gazing at the food bowl, willing it to refill.
- Swatting dad’s newspaper as he reads it. Maybe he’ll feed me. Snooze on lap. Shed hair copiously.
- Find prime spot on bed prior to families entry. Refuse to budge. Bite. Sleep in prime spot on bed – ALL night.
If pets could blog, what do you think they’d say?
Leo Blog (cat-a-log) – for one year Dr Jo’s Maine Coon kitten kept a blog.
Pet Problems Solved – Dr Jo’s website with lots of pet info.
Read “A Modern Dog’s Life” by Dr Paul McGreevy for a unique insight into how dogs view our and their world.