Have you ever renovated your home with your pets in mind? Well, if so, you are not alone. It seems that lots of pet owners are considering their pets in everything they do around their home.
Houzz recently conducted their first-ever survey of how pet owners around the world cater to their pets in their homes. Based on the more than 10,000 responses received, here are the discoveries…
In Australia, the Houzz Pets & the Home survey found that:
- Renovating Goes to the Dogs (and Cats) — More than one-third of dog and cat owners have made pet-related upgrades to their home in the last two years (43%), including reconfiguring room layout (23%), upgrading furniture (21%) and landscaping (20%).
- A Home of Their Own — Nearly half of pet parents have dedicated spaces in their homes for their dog or cat (46%). This includes beds/seating areas (61%), dining areas (37%) and play structures (23%). One in five have a built-in pet nook (20%).
- Cat Got Your Bed? — 32% of cat owners and 22% of dog owners share their bed with their pets at night.
- Pet Peeves — Fur/hair is the top challenge for pet owners in the home (70%), followed by tracking in dirt/mud/outdoor elements (46%) and smells (38%).
- Dogs Command More Dollars — 27% of dog owners spent over $1000 on pet items for the home in the last two years vs.16% of cat owners. On the other end of the spectrum, 18% of dog owners spent less than $100, with 19% of cat owners spending the same.
Here are some of the Australian results and scroll down to compare to Worldwide results…
Worldwide survey results…
What have you done to make your home pet-friendly?