Would you like to contribute to Pet Problems Solved?
Pet Problems Solved is Dr Jo Righetti, animal behaviourist’s website and blog about pets and their people? Guest posts and contributions are now welcome.
Please ensure that you meet the following criteria:
- When you submit an article*, please include:
- A title and an author name. (If you do not wish to be named, you must state the reason.)
- Approx 400-900 words. (Longer articles will be considered upon request.)
- A one or two sentence bio about yourself and/or your organisation/company. A link to your website is acceptable in the bio (Please do not link in the body of your article. If you wish to insert links, please see sponsorship page.)
Without the former, the article will not be accepted.
The following are optional:
- Photos which include pets and the points that you are making in your article. If you do not supply any pictures, photos will be supplied within your article. Horizontal photo format is preferred.
Please supply photos separately from the article, although you may indicate where you would like them placed within the article.
A photo of yourself may be included, if desired.
- Suggested keywords and/or SEO descriptions.
- You may submit an idea, rather than a finished article, if desired.
Please submit all articles to firstname.lastname@example.org
*1. Please note that submission of an article does not equal automatic publication. Often articles will need to be revised by yourself or editors or, if deemed inappropriate, will not be published at all.
Many submissions are received. Only some are accepted. You may not hear for a week and your article may not be published for several weeks. Priority is given to sponsored articles.
Once published your article will be shared on social media and in member emails. Please sign up to receive emails (on right) or join us on social networks.
*2. Once published, your article may be quoted in other publications. While effort will be made to notify you, this may not always be possible. Dr Jo Righetti reserves the right to include your article in future publications e.g. digital pet ebooks.
- 2. Articles which are favoured include:
- Articles that are unique. We do not repeat topics. Check the website prior to submitting an article.
- Articles which take the premise that pets are good for us, that life is better with pets.
- Articles featuring pet photos and/or videos (you must have authority to publish these). This is a very visual blog and all articles must have photos.
- Articles about pets other than cat and dogs.
- Articles that list e.g. 5 best ways, 7 white cats.
- Articles which are relevant around the world. Take variations in pet ownership into account and appropriate rules and regulations.
3. Articles which are not favoured include:
- Expert articles (veterinary, health or behaviour) unless you are an expert e.g. vet. Medical advice will not be published without inclusion of veterinary advice.
- Breed articles
- Product articles
- Infographics (very few infographics are accepted)
- An article that has been published elsewhere.
- Those with links to other websites (one link to your own site is acceptable in your bio).
- Articles that are overt advertising material. (If you wish to submit a sponsored post, there is a charge for this. Please see sponsorship details.)
- Articles with poor grammar or English. Have someone read your article prior to submission.
4. Charges for articles
No charges are made for publication of blog posts. However, you must not include links within the body of your article, otherwise charges will apply. Please see sponsorship for more details. One link from your short bio is acceptable and does not incur any fee.
This site advertises amazon affiliate products. If you do not wish to have products advertised on your post, a fee will apply.
5. Suggested articles
The following articles have been requested and will be favoured for publication. This list changes regularly so check back in soon…
- Trends in pet ownership and pet care
- Articles about fish and aquarium keeping
- Cat grooming
- Designer pets – why buy posh!
- Best books for pet lovers
- Best apps for pet lovers
- Fashion for the pet lover
- Why have a snake as a pet
Here are our previous posts